"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."
Sabo, Tamara L., LPCC, LCDCIII
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with the state of Ohio.
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor-3 with the state of Ohio.
- Master of Arts Degree in Counseling and Human Development from Walsh University.
- Two years additional advanced training at the Gestalt Institute of Cleveland.
- Experienced working with children, adolescents, adults, and families.
- Seven years experience with the Alcohol and Addiction Program at the Tuscarawas County Health Department.
- Experienced in diagnosing and treating mental and emotional disorders, including childhood and adolescence disorders, substance-related disorders, mood disorders, (depressive and bipolar) anxiety, adjustment, and personality disorders, relational problems, domestic violence, marriage counseling, and family counseling.
- Tamara served in the United States Navy for 4 years as an Air Traffic Controller.
Tamara resides in New Philadelphia with her husband, William. They have been married for over 30 years, and have four adult children. Tamara, originally from the area, still holds the school record in basketball at New Philadelphia High School for 21.6 average points per game in 1976. At that time, there were no 3-point shots. In her spare time, Tamara likes to pursue a variety of interests, which include her love of the outdoors, biking, reading, drawing, and spending time with her family. She is skilled with a yo-yo, and is currently learning to play the guitar.